Ever do a project with your students and you are blown away with their creativity and uniqueness? This is how I felt when I received a two-week assigned Rube Goldberg project that my students complete and videotape at their home. This year seemed particularly smooth. I think I finally figured out how to present the project effectively (after numerous years) but I also made time to show previous year projects. I created a video that took each students’ project and morphed it into one video…a “mash-up” if you will. This way, the current students get a taste of what to expect. It didn’t bother me that they saw past project ideas because when it came down to it, I just wanted to get the girl’s hands dirty. I wanted them to explore simple machines at a more intimate level, manipulating and designing. The results were amazing and I wanted to share my 2014 Rube Goldberg project mash-up’s with you. Enjoy!
For additional videos check out my You Tube Channel: smithsciencegms.
Thanks for reading!